trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject As we move toward graduation
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:25:49 GMT
Hi,

Forwarding a message from the general incubator list. The maturity model
document referenced looks like a nice check list to help evaluate whether a
project is ready for graduation. Recommended reading...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:47 AM
To: Incubator General <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: [graduation] Maturity model-based assessment of Groovy for its
graduation

Hi Incubator PMC,

FYI I have started an experiment at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/MATURITY.adoc , using
our maturity model to evaluate Groovy before its mentors suggest its
graduation (which should happen very soon).

So far this has helped uncover a few issues that we (at least I) hadn't
noticed otherwise. Nothing major, but interesting, and I think it can be
useful for the IPMC and Board once they have to decide to graduate the
podling.

-Bertrand