trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Jin, Jian (Seth)" <Jian....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: Features for the next Trafodion release (R2.1)
Date Sat, 28 May 2016 15:14:42 GMT
Are we planning to migrate to Java 1.8 for Trafodion 2.1?
If it is the case, we need to take both server side and JDBC driver effort into consideration.

Br,

Seth

-----Original Message-----
From: Selva Govindarajan [mailto:selva.govindarajan@esgyn.com]
Sent: 2016年5月27日 2:06
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Features for the next Trafodion release (R2.1)

I am planning to deliver ampool changes in a week or two. Ampool needs Java 1.8.  I have been
running with Java 8 in my private workspace for quite some time.  Amanda said install would
toggle between java 7 and java 8 based on what the product needs. It reads this info using
a configuration file. As part of check-in, I would be updating this requirement to Java 8.

Selva