trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Voting and closing
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 19:21:46 GMT
Hi all,

Since a few days now we are asking the community to vote regarding various
release candidates.

May I remind everybody that any request for a vote {mail threads started
with [VOTE] and followed with the actual subject being voted upon) should
be properly closed with a new thread with a subject starting with [RESULT]
followed by the subject of the vote thread, e.g.:

when the thread of the request to vote starts with '[VOTE] Apache Trafodion
release candidate 2.0.x' the result thread should be '[RESULT][VOTE] Apache
Trafodion release candidate 2.0.x'.

The last few days we see new requests for votes pop up where the previous
vote hasn't been closed properly. We do not have to rush things, that
potentially leads to confusion. It is better to slow it down a notch to
ensure a common understanding of what is happening within the community.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services