trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Subbiah <suresh.subbia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can Trafodion store Chinese character
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 17:03:37 GMT
Hi,

Yes, Trafodion can store Chinese characters. The DDL you have used is also
correct.
I think the problem is with display settings on the terminal. I am not good
with those settings, so hopefully someone will be able to guide us through
it.
I do see this on my terminal.

Thanks
Suresh

>>create table qiao1 (title varchar(100 bytes) character set utf8) ;

--- SQL operation complete.
>>insert into qiao1 values ('汉字异常') ;

--- 1 row(s) inserted.
>>insert into qiao1 values ('hello') ;