trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Atri Sharma <atri.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Graduation -- Gaps To Get There
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:06:12 GMT
Hi,

I have been researching Trafodion's current status and want to start a
discussion to understand as to what needs to be done to get Trafodion
to graduate.

Trafodion has been incubating for 2.5 years now and we should take a
critical look at what needs to be done to get Trafodion to a TLP ready
podling.

Few of my comments:

1) Growth of the community. I see that Trafodion has added few
committers and PPMC members (which is great). However, I would like to
understand the number of active contributors who are currently
contributing rather than a specific set of people who are committers
and make up the major portion of contributions to the project.

2) Releases -- Trafodion's last release has had quite some distance
from the release previous to it. Is there any specific reason for
that?

3) Homogeneous community -- Since Trafodion has a major investment
from a specific company, do we have PPMC members and committers mostly
from that company, or do we have heterogeneous community?

4) Mailing lists -- I have been on the emailing list for less than 48
hours, so please forgive my short sighted opinion, but I do not see
much dev activity happening on the list. Is that a regular practise or
something that we need to fix?

I would like to have more comments from the community to understand
what is lacking to graduate.

Regards,

Atri

--