trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierresm...@apache.org>
Subject Repo Migration
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2019 13:58:25 GMT
Hi All,

Happy New Year to all.

As you may have noticed from postings by the INFRA team the mandatory
migration of our repos

   - trafodion.git
   - trafodion-site.git

is intended to happen soon (shortly after Feb 7th, 2019).

In order not to put all our eggs (combined with those of other Apache
projects) I propose to stagger our migration efforts before the kick-off of
the mandatory process, by

   1. initiating the migration of our website repo first a.s.a.p.;
   2. initiate the migration of our code base repo second and last.

This way we will build the experience of all our contributors and will -
most probably - minimise the migration issues.

f you have any questions or concerns please let us know.  I will wait until
the beginning of next week before submitting a ticket to infra regarding
the migration of our website repo ( aspect #1), giving consent for the
move.  Once that move has taken place and the dust has settled again, we'll
initiate the move of the code repo. This will give us a 3-4 week window to
address any issues raised.

Lazy consensus rules apply, meaning silence implies consent.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*