uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation on the web-site
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:05:28 GMT
Organizing the documentation by download artifact does not seem right to me.
Contrast the hotfix artifact having no documentation with the uima-as
artifact which includes base UIMA content as well.

There is already so much documentation for base UIMA already that I don't
know which to go to, the references, the user's guide, etc. Breaking the
documentation up into smaller chunks with more descriptive names would be
more extensible for the new content on the site.

Adding uima-as docs on the documentation page seems ok, but following this
model for the new annotator package and the coming CAS Editor and UIMA C++
packages probably doesn't work and so maybe is not a good idea.

I do think that we have to be more efficient with documentation, and reduce
the work associated with it.

Eddie