uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:15:16 GMT
SNAPSHOT is a special version in maven that indicates the latest code;
typically TRUNK or HEAD in a source control. With this version, maven will
automatically grab the latest SNAPSHOT every time you build. On the other
hand, when you are using 2.0, once maven has downloaded this artifact, it
never tries to get a new 2.0.
You should use SNAPSHOT for rapidly moving code where bug fixes and
enhancements are coming fast (our case until the release).
So I think that -SNAPSHOT shoud remain just before the release for
developing purposes, and then move to 2.3.0-incuibating.
Just my opinion.
Regards,
Tommaso