uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LUCAS packaging question
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 08:29:45 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> The Lucas annotator currently packages in the PEAR /lib/ dir the
> following libs:
> google-collections-0.9.jar
> log4j-1.2.14.jar
> Lucas-2.3.0-incubating.jar
> lucene-core-2.4.1.jar
> lucene-snowball-2.4.1.jar
>
> The POM for Lucas lists these additional Jars as runtime dependencies,
> implying that they are also needed:
>
> lucene-memory-2.4.1.jar
> lucene-highlighter-2.4.1.jar

The two libraries where added by me in the scope
of UIMA-1553. In this ticked a "keyword spotting" / "prospective"
search AE was added to Lucas. Both of the mentioned jar files
are  referenced by that code. The memory library contains a high speed
in memory index optimized to index a single document, the highlighter
library is needed to find the exact spans of matches against this in memory

Why do you think these two libraries are listed as "runtime" libraries ?
In my understanding this would mean that they have a scope of runtime,
which they have not.

Jörn