uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: LUCAS packaging question
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 10:39:48 GMT
Re: Why do you think these two libraries are listed as "runtime"
libraries ?
In my understanding this would mean that they have a scope of runtime,
which they have not.

I was confused also by this, but here's how Maven interprets scopes in
this regard:

compile (the default):  item added to compile-time and runtime classpaths
provided:               item added to compile-time
runtime:                item added to                  runtime classpaths

The Maven dependency plugin goal "copy-dependencies" includes things
visible in the runtime classpaths.

-Marshall