uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject packaging dependencies with distributions
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 22:43:41 GMT
For the various distributions, we package "immediate" dependencies.  In
the past, I think that we have not included transitive dependencies,
because many components we depend on have lots of dependencies of their
own, which are not used and not needed for our particular use.

The new build system is continuing this tradition; if there is a
dependency of a dependency that you need, you would need to declare it
as a "direct" dependency of your POM being packaged.

One "advantage" of this is that it makes explicit in the POM what is
being included, which helps in reviewing Licenses and Notice
requirements that could flow from these dependencies.

Does this seem reasonable?  I'm happy to change this approach if others
have a better idea about this.

-Marshall