uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject alternate packaging for uima-as
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 00:32:24 GMT
The 2.3.0-incubating binary release of uima-as is packaged an "add-on"
and you need to download base uima binary release, and unzip the uima-as
over that base release.  This does things like combine example files and
directories, libs, etc.

We did this because of concerns about the size of the UIMA-AS package.

I think it is not a friendly way to package this, and because we intend
(at least for now) to have the uima-as add-on version track the base
version, I'd like to reconsider this.  My preference is to have the
uima-as binary distribution include the base UIMA distribution.

Other opinions?

-Marshall