uima-dev mailing list archives

From David García <david.garc...@barcelonamedia.org>
Subject Re: [UIMA C++ Framework] making examples
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:28:54 GMT
  Hi,

I don't manage to convert std::string to UnicodeStringRef to set:

setStringValue (Feature const &crFeature, UnicodeStringRef cuStr);

in an annotation. I've been having a look at icu
<http://userguide.icu-project.org/strings> library, as well as
UnicodeStringRef uima class, but I don't find the way to do it.

Regards,
David

El 13/08/2010 14:58, Eddie Epstein escribió:
> [...]
> optional way to access the CAS.
>
> Jcasgen classes are not used by UIMA C++ at all.
>
> Eddie
>

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:02 AM, David García
> <david.garcian@barcelonamedia.org>  wrote:
>>   Eddie,
>>
>> I already tested C++ component with runAECpp tool, but I got the same error.
>> Maybe I didn't explain my doubt clearly.
>>
>> In the UIMA C++ SDK examples, for example in MeetingAnnotator, I find C++
>> implementation in /uimacpp/examples/tutorial/src/MeetingAnnotator.cpp
>> I compile this C++ component. This C++ component also have its descriptor in
>> /uimacpp/examples/tutorial/descriptors/MeetingAnnotatorCPP.xml.
>> But, MeetingAnnotator is using, as in its descriptor is specified, next
>> types:
>>
>> org.apache.uima.tutorial.RoomNumber
>> org.apache.uima.tutorial.TimeAnnot
>> org.apache.uima.tutorial.DateAnnot
>> org.apache.uima.tutorial.Meeting
>>
>> and I don't know where are the files that implement these types. Where are
>> they placed? They are not in the examples.
>>
>> In Java UIMA examples there are the UIMA components implementations, the
>> descriptors, and the Java source files with the types. I can't find the
>> classes that implement the types in UIMA C++ SDK examples.
>> For example in /apache-uima/examples/src/org/apache/uima/tutorial/  I can
>> find the classes which define the types of the examples.
>>
>> So my doubt is, where should I place my Java classes defining the types that
>> are being used by my C++ UIMA component?
>> Because this is the error I'm getting. My C++ component can't load the types
>> because I suppose the component doesn't know where to find them. I haven't
>> setted anywhere where to find the Java classes defining the types.
>>

>> In MeetingAnnotator component:
>>
>>     roomNumberT =
>>   crTypeSystem.getType("org.apache.uima.tutorial.RoomNumber");
>>
>> How the component is suposed to find the Java class
>> org.apache.uima.tutorial.RoomNumber?
>> I am missing this step, how to 'link' the classes defining the types used by
>> the C++ component and the C++ component itself.
>>

>> David
>>
>> El 12/08/2010 21:03, Eddie Epstein escribió:
>>> David,
>>>
>>> Here are the steps recommended for testing/integrating a new C++
>>> component:
>>>
>>> First, test the component using the C++ driver, runAECpp.sh. The
>>> environment will have to be setup for UIMACPP, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>> will have to include any additional application libs as well.
>>> Type runAECpp.sh to get help on use. Note that import by name is note
>>> supported for this application. This will verify that the c++
>>> component is working.
>>>
>>> Next, try the same test with a Java driver, runAE.sh. The syntax is
>>> the same, or pretty close to the same. THis will verify the C++
>>> component is working when accessed thru the JNI.
>>>
>>> Finally, starting integrating the c++ component with other components.

SDK:

C++ UIMA

UIMA Java

within a UIMA
annotator requires,
Java annotators, as

using the proper
project, include
well as its own

versions.

DaveDetector.o and on

flavors for Linux, so if

and the uimacpp package
force all compiles to be

          wrote:
> [...]
You are right, the include

example ( make -f

1

Does it have anything to do

escribió:
> [...]
it must be before
A better way to go would be to
            into

            wrote:
> [...]
but I've got the same

version 4.3.4 and I've also got the

Epstein escribió:
> [...]
of g++ are always getting stricter.

is that they be portable,
any non-standard dependencies could
anyplace on a target system.

install uimacpp and it's dependencies
but this would require root

at 8:04 AM, David García
              wrote:
> [...]
uimacpp, Linux version, but I have got
and when I do:

In

in this scope
before ‘>’ token
that depend on a template parameter, so
available
G++ will accept your code, but allowing the
deprecated)
scope
Error 1

4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9).