uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Generate docbooks in A4
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:59:34 GMT

On 10/11/2010 3:28 PM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
> On 10/11/2010 21:25, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Adding paperType configuration parameter to the docbook
>> parent pom inside the configuration section for the pdf
>> changes the paper format.
>>
>> For example:
>> <paperType>A4</paperType>
>>
>> Whats the correct place to set this parameter ?
>> Changing the parent docbook pom is a little unhandy,
>> because then all the docbooks depending on it
>> must be changed to the correct version of the parent
>> docbook pom.
>
> I wrote this a few years ago.  I do not know if this still
> works

It no longer works - it depended on our custom ant scripts.  These used a file,
default.docbook.properties, to read and set up ant properties, following ant
property override rules/conventions.
Later, the value of paper.type (ant property) was used as a parameter in the
invocation of the saxon XSLT processor.

-Marshall

> , nor do I know why it vanished from the page.
>
> +  <subsection name="Creating A4-size PDF documentation"
> id="building.docbooks.a4">
> +  <p>If you don't live in the US, you may wish to create your PDF
> documentation in a different
> +  format, e.g., A4.  To do this, edit the file
> +  <code>uima-docbook-tool/properties/default.docbook.properties</code>.
 It