uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Maven usage
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:52:50 GMT
 Hi Jörn,

You are correct - there is no info which explains how users wanting to use UIMA
should set up a client project that uses Maven.

This is because, I think, no one has considered our users to be using Maven :-)
.  We presumed up to now, that our users would be downloading and installing our
binary package, and then using some IDE to develop their code, all outside of Maven.

But I agree, that it might be a good thing for those potential users who already
use Maven, to have some information on how to set up their project to include
UIMA.  Do you have an idea what that documentation would be?

The current Maven use page is for developers, and is intended to explain how the
UIMA project is using Maven for building UIMA.

-Marshall