uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build parent poms from top, version 6, plus dependent build artifacts at their next levels
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:16:06 GMT
 Hi,

For testing pruposes, you can find a copy of the trunk, with the POMs updated to
reference to the staged versions of the parent-poms, here:

uimaj:   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/branches/test-parent-pom-6
uima-as: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/branches/test-parent-pom-6
add-ons: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/branches/test-parent-pom-6

-Marshall

On 10/15/2010 11:28 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>  I'm preparing branches with the needed changes to test this.
>
> Note that there's a 1 char error in the "replace" argument below, if you're
> trying to do this yourself.
>
> In this:
>
> then click on Replace... and use the replace argument $16  (means $1 followed by
> a 6 (for top), or $15, or $14, or $13, then press "Preview" and check the
> results before proceeding :-) .
>
> replace $16 with $16<
>
> Cheers. -Marshall
>

> On 10/14/2010 9:36 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>  +1 to release.
>>
>> Checked the sources zip file has the license / notice, and can unzip, cd to it,
>> and build from that OK.
>>
>> (previously checked that the uimaj, uimaj-distr, uima-as, and add-ons build ok
>> with this level, using Maven 3.0).
>>
>> -Marshall
>>
>> On 10/14/2010 9:19 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>>  We solved
>>>
>>>     * [UIMA-1900 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1900>] - make
>>>       parent-poms build their dependents for easier releasing
>>>     * [UIMA-1901 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1901>] - upgrade
>>>       current maven plugin versions
>>>
>>> This was built using the Maven 3 release (non beta, non RC).
>>>
>>> The Parent Poms have been released to the staging repository, here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-007/
>>>
>>> To enable you to test this, please add this stanza to your settings.xml in the
>>> .m2 spot:
>>>
>>>     <profile>
>>>       <id>staged-release</id>
>>>       <repositories>
>>>         <repository>
>>>           <id>staged-release</id>
>>>           <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-007/</url>
>>>         </repository>
>>>       </repositories>
>>>     </profile>
>>>
>>> and then run your maven builds with the extra parameter -Pstaged-release
>>>
>>> To update the 2.3.1 artifacts to depend on these new build tooling versions,
you can use
>>> Eclipse's search - file, specify pom.xml as the file, and use a regular expression
to find
>>> the previous value, e.g., one or more of the following:
>>>
>>> (?s)(parent-pom-top</artifactId>\s*<version>)5<
>>> (?s)(parent-pom-docbook</artifactId>\s*<version>)4<
>>> (?s)(parent-pom-ibm-notice</artifactId>\s*<version>)4<
>>> (?s)(parent-pom-eclipse-plugins-ibm-notice</artifactId>\s*<version>)4<