uima-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Hernandez <nicolas.hernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guidelines for a mutual contribution
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:54:32 GMT
Dear Everyone,

Tommaso asked me who holds the existing distribution rights because I
forgot to mention it in the IP clearance form and also to be sure I
have the right to make the donation... Actually Tommaso, I have to
check the name we have to write here (I am not sure which one of the
exact names of the individuals, laboratory or University should
appear). It may be the names of the researchers. I tell you soon.

Clearly, we want to transfer to the ASF all the right to make her
possible to distribute our contribution under the AL2 . As
researchers, we thought that the IP Clearance was the best way to
respect the authorship.

Marshall, we got an email from the legal department of the University
of Paris Diderot (who is the one who writes the French Treebank
License). After discussion with A. Abeillé who is the holder of the
corpus, they grant us the right to distribute under AL2 the models we
build from the French Treebank. The mail is in French but I can send
it wherever you want.
As I previously suggested I can also ask the holder and the legal
department of her University, if they agree to add an explicit mention
in their license to allow anyone to distribute under AL2 the models
automatically built from the corpus.

Best regards

/Nicolas