uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Transitively copied FSes in CasCopier
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:55:27 GMT
As an alternative to exposing internals, we could add some method(s) or
modifiers to existing methods to the cas copier for doing one-by-one copying.
One modifier might index "all" copied FSs (including the one copied); another
might index just those FSes which are indexed in the "from" view.

Another thing to note is that FSes are indexed with respect to a particular
view, so this additional capability would index FSs in the view being copied to.

-Marshall

> Hi,
>
> we think we have a case in DKPro Core where we need to know the FSes that are transitively
copied by CasCopier.

> We have an FS that references other FSes. When we copy the initial FS, CasCopier also
copies all the transitively referenced FSes - but it does not index them in the new CAS. The
call we use is:

>   FeatureStructure fsCopy = cc.copyFs(fs);
>
> We collect all the copies and later index the, but we have no idea about the transitively
references FSes and fail to index those.

> I imagine what we would need is either access to the private mFsMap in CasCopier or that
cc.copyFS(fs) returns a list/set of FSes or some alternative solution.