uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Transitively copied FSes in CasCopier
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 20:50:06 GMT
:-)

> Seems to work :)
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 03.03.2016, at 12:35, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I just figured out that copyFS() apparently does
>>
>> 1) not make duplicate copies
>> 2) returns the copy of an FS even if it was created as a transitive operation (i.e.
it does not return null in case an FS had already been copied as part of a previous operation)

>> That would actually be sufficient and we'll test that now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Richard
>>
>>> On 03.03.2016, at 00:02, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think what would work for us would be two methods like this:
>>>
>>> public FeatureStructure getCopy(FeatureStructure aFS) {
>>>     int addr = mFsMap.get(originalSrcCas.getLowLevelCAS().ll_getFSRef(aFS));
>>>     return addr != 0 ? originalTgtCas.getLowLevelCAS().ll_getFSForRef(addr) :
null;
>>> }
>>>
>>> public int getCopy(int aFS) {
>>>     return mFsMap.get(aFS);
>>> }
>>>
>>> Since we also have two variants of the alreadyCopied() method, I don't think
the two methods above expose significantly more of the internal structure:

>>> public boolean alreadyCopied(FeatureStructure aFS) {
>>> public boolean alreadyCopied(int aFS) {
>>>
>>> I don't mind doing the indexing externally as long as there is some way of figuring
out what is the copied FS given an original FS.

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> -- Richard

that are transitively copied by CasCopier.

CasCopier also copies all the transitively referenced FSes - but it does not index them in
the new CAS. The call we use is:

the transitively references FSes and fail to index those.

CasCopier or that cc.copyFS(fs) returns a list/set of FSes or some alternative solution.

doing a one-by-one copy would be appreciated.