uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transitively copied FSes in CasCopier
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 14:10:52 GMT
Seems to work :)

-- Richard

> On 03.03.2016, at 12:35, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Actually, I just figured out that copyFS() apparently does
>
> 1) not make duplicate copies
> 2) returns the copy of an FS even if it was created as a transitive operation (i.e. it
does not return null in case an FS had already been copied as part of a previous operation)

> That would actually be sufficient and we'll test that now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 03.03.2016, at 00:02, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think what would work for us would be two methods like this:
>>
>> public FeatureStructure getCopy(FeatureStructure aFS) {
>>     int addr = mFsMap.get(originalSrcCas.getLowLevelCAS().ll_getFSRef(aFS));
>>     return addr != 0 ? originalTgtCas.getLowLevelCAS().ll_getFSForRef(addr) : null;
>> }
>>
>> public int getCopy(int aFS) {
>>     return mFsMap.get(aFS);
>> }
>>
>> Since we also have two variants of the alreadyCopied() method, I don't think the
two methods above expose significantly more of the internal structure:

>> public boolean alreadyCopied(FeatureStructure aFS) {
>> public boolean alreadyCopied(int aFS) {
>>
>> I don't mind doing the indexing externally as long as there is some way of figuring
out what is the copied FS given an original FS.

>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Richard
>>
>>> On 02.03.2016, at 23:55, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> As an alternative to exposing internals, we could add some method(s) or
>>> modifiers to existing methods to the cas copier for doing one-by-one copying.

>>> One modifier might index "all" copied FSs (including the one copied); another
>>> might index just those FSes which are indexed in the "from" view.
>>>
>>> Another thing to note is that FSes are indexed with respect to a particular
>>> view, so this additional capability would index FSs in the view being copied
to.

>>> -Marshall

are transitively copied by CasCopier.

also copies all the transitively referenced FSes - but it does not index them in the new CAS.
The call we use is:

the transitively references FSes and fail to index those.

or that cc.copyFS(fs) returns a list/set of FSes or some alternative solution.

a one-by-one copy would be appreciated.