uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Transitively copied FSes in CasCopier
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:00:56 GMT
Hi,

we think we have a case in DKPro Core where we need to know the FSes that are transitively
copied by CasCopier.

We have an FS that references other FSes. When we copy the initial FS, CasCopier also copies
all the transitively referenced FSes - but it does not index them in the new CAS. The call
we use is:

  FeatureStructure fsCopy = cc.copyFs(fs);

We collect all the copies and later index the, but we have no idea about the transitively
references FSes and fail to index those.

I imagine what we would need is either access to the private mFsMap in CasCopier or that cc.copyFS(fs)
returns a list/set of FSes or some alternative solution.

Any comments or insights how to index transitively references FSes when doing a one-by-one
copy would be appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Richard