uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Peter Klügl (JIRA) <...@uima.apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (UIMA-5492) Unpredictable update of engine.xml associated with a Ruta script
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 13:52:01 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5492?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16087337#comment-16087337

Peter Klügl commented on UIMA-5492:

I assume that you are writing you rules in a simple ruta project? The generated descriptors
are overidden everytime the DLTK builder is initiated. This depends on the the setting in
your Eclipse and normally happens when you save your script. The descriptors are generated
and thus should not be edited. Rather edit the template descriptor (BasicEngine.xml) which
is used to created the generated descriptors.

In a maven-based project with the ruta-maven-plugin the descriptors are replaced when maven
builds and the script is newer than the descriptor, or there is no descriptor.

Yes, the error contains no useful information concerning the actual problem. I have to see
if I can change this.

> Unpredictable update of engine.xml associated with a Ruta script
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: UIMA-5492
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5492
>             Project: UIMA
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Ruta
>            Reporter: Reza Haydarlou
> It is unpredictable for me to know when engine.xml associated with a Ruta script is updated.
I noticed this when I was busy with my extension. I added the full path my extension class
in "additionalExtensions". After, I changed the Ruta script where the my extension is called.
No problem. But after a while (I don't know which change I had made in that Ruta script) I
got the following error message:
> aused by: org.apache.uima.ruta.extensions.RutaParseRuntimeException: Error in NsubjDep,
line 17, "(": expected RCURLY, but found LPAREN
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.parser.RutaParser.emitErrorMessage(RutaParser.java:380)
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.parser.RutaParser.emitErrorMessage(RutaParser.java:401)
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.parser.RutaParser.reportError(RutaParser.java:419)
> 	at org.antlr.runtime.BaseRecognizer.recoverFromMismatchedToken(BaseRecognizer.java:613)
> 	at org.antlr.runtime.BaseRecognizer.match(BaseRecognizer.java:115)
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.parser.RutaParser.ruleElementAnnotationType(RutaParser.java:5086)
> 	... 21 more
> later, I realized that the associate engine.xml has automatically updated and the full
path of my extension class name has been removed.
> PS: The error message is also very unlear.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message