uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shall we start a UIMA blog?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 15:34:16 GMT
I had a look now at the Apache blogs site http://apache.org/dev/project-blogs

It seems that the main site acts as an aggregator which picks up project-specific
blogs. As such, at least the main site doesn't run much of a risk of running dry
of content, even if individual project blogs may. So we might interpret a "UIMA
blog" simply as UIMA-labeled posts on the main blog and use argue against the
risk of an abandoned blog.

We might also solicit UIMA-related blog posts from the community - in particular
tutorials, but maybe also success stories or experiences, as long as they do not
end up being pure product advertisements. Might be a fine line to walk in some
cases. But it could be a great opportunity for non-code contributions to the project.

Cheers,

-- Richard