uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pull request template
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2019 15:52:52 GMT
I adapted the uimaFIT one from the one used by OpenNLP, but honestly, I find it too complicated:

  https://github.com/apache/uima-uimafit/blob/master/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

Presently, I am quite happy with this one because it is rather simple and quick to work with.

  https://github.com/inception-project/inception/blob/master/.github/pull_request_template.md

IMHO the template should not end up being a large checklist. It shouldn't become a chore to

submit a PR. Therefore, I'd vote to take on something rather simple. Including a link to the
JIRA is helpful, but I think it would even suffice to have the Jira number in the title of
the
PR - that also makes it easy to see which issue a PR is for without having to open it (i.e.
from the PR overview list).

Cheers,

-- Richard