uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: upcoming board report
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:23:15 GMT
Here's a draft of the report, I'll submit tomorrow morning (or late today).

Comments welcome....  -Marshall

Board report for Apache UIMA, for September 2019.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source software
related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the UIMA Oasis
Standard. The software provides frameworks, tools and annotators,
facilitating the analysis of unstructured content such as text, audio and
video.

## Membership Data:
Apache UIMA was founded 2010-03-16 (9.5 years ago)
There are currently 25 committers and 16 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Lou DeGenaro on 2016-05-02.
- No new committers. Last addition was Viorel Morari on 2018-09-20.

## Releases:

2 releases in last quarter
uimaj-3.1.0 was released on 2019-08-15.
uimaj-2.10.4 was released on 2019-08-09.

## Board question from last report: druggeri:
It's good to see new contributors.
Any prospects for new PMC members... it's been a while.

We do not currently have any new PMC member prospects,
but we keep our eye out for some.

Activity:
  After the release of uimaj, we started the work to migrate
  that project from SVN to GIT.
  This has been a slow and difficult process, due to a couple of things.

  1) the documentation for this includes apparently out-of-date information.
     See for example,
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LEGAL/issues/LEGAL-478
     (read the comments)
     which still has no definitive answer.
  2) simple modifications for your project's GIT repository require
     filing of INFRA Jira issues, and due to current load,
     these appear in their KANBAN queue that's 100's of items long.
     See https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/INFRA, and
     pick KANBAN on the left-hand navigation.
     The result is that it can take more than a week to get these acted on.

Community Health: The community continues to be moderately active;
some new contributors doing patches.

Issues: No Board level issues at this time.