uima-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Releasing UIMA-C++ version 3.0.0 rc1
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2020 21:15:40 GMT
Thanks Burn for trying on macOS. Makes sense that the build instructions
for macOS should be right.

Further testing on my part found a small problem building the SDK on Ubuntu
18.04: the build-everything script could not correctly guess JAVA_HOME.
Easy to work around by specifying JAVA_HOME explicitly, but also easy to fix

However there may be bigger problems on newer OS. Although SDK build and
use from source works on Fedora 31, the binary SDK built on RHEL 7 fails on
Fedora 31 because Fedora dropped automatic distribution of libnsl. This is
easy to workaround, just install libnsl, however there was also an ICU
problem running the XCasWriterCasConsumer sample annotator. More
investigation is needed.

Another problem with rc1 is that the new SDK build-everything script is not
adequately documented in the README files.

The vote is cancelled.