Not sure if xmlrpc is able to do what I require and would appreciate some advice.

I am looking for a light method (application will be running on embedded pc platform running linux) to allow transfer of java object via rpc.

In my application I have a collection of java classes (my objects) that I want to transfer via rpc on demand from client. Objects (java class) contain standard java types as well as my own java objects.

e.g.

Class someclass
{
        private String someString;
        private Integer someInt;
        private myClass someClass;
}

In the RPCHandler I want to be able to return 'someclass' object for client retrieval.

On going through documentation I get the feeling that it is possible to write ones own type handlers and would appreciate comment on whether this is indeed possible and maybe some clues (links) on how to do this (I haven't found reference on how to do this).

If this is not possible, is there any other suggestion besides serializing object over socket connection?

Thanks,
Colin