www-announce mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache OpenWebBeans-1.7.0
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2016 09:48:52 GMT
Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

It’s a great pleasure to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans-1.7.0.

Apache OpenWebBeans is a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets
the CDI-1.2 specification (JavaEE 7).
We pass the standalone CDI TCK and the JavaEE7 CDI-TCK (inside Apache TomEE-7.0).

OpenWebBeans is modularly built and can be used either in pure Java SE, in a Servlet Container
like e.g. Tomcat or in fully fledged JavaEE containers.
Our core is only 500k and thus brings full JavaEE compatibility at a smaller size than most
so called ‚micro solutions‘.

The main change of OWB-1.7.0 is the move to Java7 as minimum requirement.
We also dropped support for old technologies like JSF-1.2, EL-1.0 and Tomcat6.

Distribution packages can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.7.0/

If you are looking for an older version then please visit http://openwebbeans.apache.org/download.html
The release is also available via maven http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/

We include command line installer scripts in our binary distribution which can be used as
easy as:

$> unzip openwebbeans-distribution-1.7.0-binary.zip
$> cd openwebbeans-distribution-1.7.0
$> ./install_owb_tomcat7.bat /opt/your/apache-tomcat-8.x.x

(works with Apache Tomcat7, 8, 8.5 and 9)

Please also visit our homepage http://openwebbeans.apache.org

have fun,
The Apache OpenWebBeans Team