From VASQUEZ_JA...@LILLY.COM
Subject Re: Rasterizing via API
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:37:22 GMT
Thierry,

Thanks for taking a quick look at that.   I'll be looking forward to the
new release (and seeing if I can get access to a host outside of this
firewall to check out from cvs)

Thanks,
Jason

Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Sent by: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr
01/29/2001 10:44 AM
Please respond to Batik Users

        To:     Batik Users <batik-users@xml.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Rasterizing via API

Jason,

> I should have included a snippet higher up in my source which did set
the
> XMLParser hint (as is demonstrated in the command line rasterizer).
(There's
> not really much to my source--it's just a variation on the writeImage
method
> from the rasterizer app).

> The method that is trying to be called at the point of the error is
> org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.createDocument(String
> namespaceURI, String qualifiedName, DocumentType doctype).
>  (SAXDocumentFactory is passing in a null for DocumentType)
>
> Any ideas as to what might be going on?  I've attached some sample .svg
that
> is contained in the String that I'm passing into this method.

OK, it's our fault :) I have fixed the bug.

The problem was that we considered that if a Reader or an InputStream is
provided, the user should also provide a URI (the URI is required to
resolve
external stylesheet, use and image).

You created an input using a reader but without having any URI, so we now
don't
crash in that case (ie. a URI is not required in any cases).

The cvs code base has been updated. The next developer release should be
available at the end of this week. If you don't have access to the cvs
base, I
have attached the file which has changed.

You will also find in attachment, a test I was able to rasterize (based on
your
work).

Thanks again,
Thierry.