From VASQUEZ_JA...@LILLY.COM
Subject Re: Rasterizing via API
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:20:39 GMT
Thanks for the response.  I went ahead and checked out the source from
CVS, and will be eagerly watching for the new release.

Thanks,
Jason

Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Sent by: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr
01/26/2001 11:58 AM
Please respond to Batik Users

        To:     Batik Users <batik-users@xml.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Rasterizing via API

Hi,

VASQUEZ_JASON@LILLY.COM wrote:
> I am attempting to create a Servlet that will be able to transcode an
> arbitrary SVG String into a PNG.  I took a look at the source for the
command
> line rasterizer utility, and based my work from that. (my source pasted
below)

Well, the current batik cvs base contains a new API for transcoders which
must
be much easier to use and contains bug fixes. We hope to provide a new
public
(development) release of batik in few days.

I propose that you will start working on this new version instead of the
current
one which is (my fault) really not user-friendly.

Thanks for your comments,
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann