From Vincent Hardy <vha...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Exception: fragment ist not an XML Document
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 16:12:27 GMT
Mariano,

Here is what I suggest, step by step:

a. Get batik-1.0beta-dev.zip at: http://xml.apache.org/batik/dist/
b. Unzip
c. Set your classpath to not defined.
d. In the directory where you expanded batik-1.0beta-dev, do
   build compile. I know you had problem with building the distrib,
   but this will just compile the sources.
e. The application that uses your stuff should have:
      + <batik-1.0beta2>/classes
      + <batik-1.0beta2>/resources
      + <batik-1.0beta2>/lib/crimson.jar
      + <batik-1.0beta2>/lib/js.jar
   In their classpath.

Given you are running from a Servlet, I suspect that another version
of the DOM interfaces gets inserted in your classpath before the ones
Batik needs, causing the problem.

V.

Mariano Kamp wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
>   thank you very much for the sample code.
>
>   It seems to solve my second problem, but I am still stuck with the first
> problem. Even the code you sent me yields in the same error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMSVGElement
does not implement interface org.w3c.dom.css.ViewCSS