From Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>
Subject Re: Exception: fragment ist not an XML Document
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:39:54 GMT
Hi Vincent,

  thank you very much for the sample code.

  It seems to solve my second problem, but I am still stuck with the first
problem. Even the code you sent me yields in the same error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMSVGElement
does not implement interface org.w3c.dom.css.ViewCSS
	at org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGSVGElementBridge.createGraphicsNode(SVGSVGElementBridge.java:47)
	at org.apache.batik.bridge.ConcreteGVTBuilder.build(ConcreteGVTBuilder.java:85)
	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(ImageTranscoder.java:172)
	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:122)
	at JavaToSvgToJpeg.main(JavaToSvgToJpeg.java:89)

I downloaded the binary version (beta2) and copied all the the jar files
(including the jars from the lib directory) in my ext directory. When
trying to compile the sample code, it always says the package
"org.apache.batik.svggen" is not found.

After getting the sources, run of the compile target and putting the
content of classes and resources in one single jar file (which I then
placed in the ext directory) the compile of the sample code works fine,
but when running the sample I encounter the am error.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for bothering you ..

Mariano

ps. Regarding your second mail. We are building a reporting system .. one
client could be a browser another a pdf-writer (xsl:fo) etc. And as a
fallback for browser who don't support svg, we want to provide
jpeg/png/gif.