From Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>
Subject Using Components for off-screen images
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 11:19:27 GMT
Hi,

  I got another question, which is a bit off topic, but maybe someone can
hint me in which direction to look.

  I wanted to build some server side graphics using subclasses of
(J)Component in order to get access to already build mechanisms like
layoutmanagers etc. Unfortunately these classes paint() implementation
checks if the component is visible. If not, they are not drawn. Obviously
I also don't have a "heavyweight" component.

  Is there anyway to use these awt/swing classes, without letting a frame
pop-up on the application server (grmmpfh)?

Mariano

--
mariano kamp
codamax ag