From Thierry Kormann <tkorm...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: W3C DOM Document
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:53:19 GMT
On Wednesday 11 April 2001 15:10, Niklas Lindström wrote:

> I'm really in need of some help here. Do I have to convert the DOM
> Document, created by parsing a file with Xerces, into an SVGOMDocument? I
> would like to shuffle DOM-data around in my code to do stuff (extracting
> fragments; applying xslt etc.), and then pass the DOM at hand to Batik for
> generation of an image-file. Is this possible?

Well, that's a solution. We provide a convenient method which clones a DOM
tree using our SVG DOM implementation. see: the batik.dom.util.DOMUtilities
class.

Otherwise, I hope you can give a DOMImplementation to xerces and so use our
own DOM implementation (which supports generic elements, not only SVG
elements by the way) for your need.

Regards,
Thierry.