From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: problems generating SVG
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:00:38 GMT

PA> Looking at the Batik source, I see that on line 305 of
PA> JGVTComponent the following call is made:

PA> g2d.drawRenderedImage(image, null);

PA> And on line 803 of SVGGraphics2D (in drawRenderedImage()), the the
PA> following call is made:

PA> if(xform.getDeterminant() != 0){

PA> without ever checking if xform != null (xform is the second
PA> parameter of the drawRenderedImage method).  So I assume that
PA> either:

PA> 1. This is a bug in either JGVTComponent or SVGGraphics2D.
PA> 2. JGVTComponents are not meant to be painted using SVGGraphics2D.
PA> 3. I've been sloppy and not set some variable that Batik needs.

PA> I'm hoping for #3, but I fear #1 or, even worse, #2.  Any
PA> suggestions would be *much* appreciated.

    The answer is #1. SVGGraphics2D should check for xform==null.
I've got a fix that I need to verify before committing.  I'll mail it
to you (batik-dev will get it from the commit) when I've tested it.

PA> (Should we move this to Batik-Dev?)

    Yes, I think so.

    I've CC'd this into batik-dev, so if batik-users are interested in
the thread please move on over (but I think this just a development
issue now).  Responders should trim batik-users for the CC line
please.