From Vincent Hardy <vha...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Batik 1.0beta2 available
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 02:06:57 GMT
Hello,

There is a new beta version of Batik available:

1. Binary distribution:
   http://xml.apache.org/batik/dist/batik-1.0beta2.zip

2. Source distribution:
   http://xml.apache.org/batik/dist/batik-src-1.0beta2.zip

The README on the download page recaps the changes in the various
developer releases since beta1.

This is an important new milestone for the project and you will see
that SVG Fonts are now supported in Batik both for rendering and
generation. This is getting us closer to our goal of supporting
every static SVG feature in addition to linking, which is
fully supported, and scripting, which is partially supported.

We are also working on an updated version of our Web site which
will become the 'official' Batik web site when 1.0 is released. That
updated version of the web site is at:

http://xml.apache.org/batik/batik-1.0Staging/

This is a work in progress, and some documents are missing, but it
shows what we have in mind for the site. Suggestions or comments
are welcome!

If you'd like to report bugs or request API changes/improvements, you
can either post to the developer list or enter a bug in Bugzilla under
the Batik project at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Thanks.
Vincent Hardy.