From Niklas Lindström <niklas.lindst...@valtech.se>
Subject RE: W3C DOM Document
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:10:18 GMT

Hi again,

I'm really in need of some help here. Do I have to convert the DOM Document,
created by parsing a file with Xerces, into an SVGOMDocument? I would like
to shuffle DOM-data around in my code to do stuff (extracting fragments;
applying xslt etc.), and then pass the DOM at hand to Batik for generation
of an image-file. Is this possible?

regards
Niklas

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Lindström [mailto:niklas.lindstrom@valtech.se]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:32 PM
To: 'Batik Users'
Subject: W3C DOM Document

Hi!

I'm quite new to this technology; and not too familiar with Java. I'm trying
to pass on a W3C DOM document to the JPEGTranscoder, but I get the following
error:

org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException:
org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: The specified XML document
fragment is not an SVG document

The document in question works in the viewer, and when passed to the
transcoder via a string to be read as an URL. I'm parsing the document to a
DOM-tree using Xerces, and use getDocument() of the parser to get the object
I pass on to the transcoder. I guess I'm missing something obvious here, but
I just don't seem to get it. Can anyone help me with this?

regards
Niklas Lindström