From "Randall Parker" <randa...@nls.net>
Subject Re: HP and their plans for Batik
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:54:54 GMT
Vincent,

Correct me if I'm wrong: One or more of the patent holders who claim thart SVG
uses patents could demand that all software that does stuff with SVG could
demand a royalty payment for the use of Batik.

This is the issue: Will the patent claims made by the vendors at this page:
   http://www.w3.org/2001/07/SVG10-IPR-statements.html
 who have "RAND" (Reasonable and non-discriminatory terms) in their License
Summary column demand patent payments from the Batik project developers
and/or users?

What have Apple, IBM, Eastman Kodak, and Quark said on this issue? Any idea?