From <James.Ut...@F-Secure.com>
Subject Transcoding without generating DOM tree.
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:00:18 GMT
Hi All,

I'm using batik in a servlet to transcode some jsp-generated SVG to PNG if
the browser can't handle the SVG. The Q&A at
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/community/chat/JavaLive/2001/jl0123.h
tml

says

"Lastly, Batik provides facilities to build dynamic or static documents. If
the 'static' flag is set, Batik won't create any dependencies between the DOM
and the rendering engine."

which should speed things up for me. Unfortunately I just can't find any
documentation on this 'static' flag. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

thanks heaps
james

James Uther                   www.F-Secure.com
Senior Software Engineer  F-Secure Corporation

        Securing the Mobile Enterprise