From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Rendering attributed text.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:06:11 GMT
Gerard,

Humm..... my memory is failing me. I remember studying in great details
the correspondance between ACIs and SVG text and concluding that there
was not a complete mapping. Now, the thing I do not remember is why
not just do what the regression test
org.apache.batik.svggen.AttributedCharacterIterator
does?

I have run the regression test suite with a patch to SVGGraphics2D
doing just that (i.e., implementing drawString(ACI, x, y) and it
does not detect any regression. Therefore, I am going to commit the
fix and it will be available in CVS or in the upcoming developer
release (early next week probably).

Note, though, that this turns your text into shapes (and not SVG
text). This could be improved. If you feel this is a badly needed
extension, thanks for entering an RFE in Bugzilla.

Regards,
Vincent.