From Gavin.Wal...@csiro.au
Subject Tooltip deceptive on very thin lines
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 06:19:17 GMT
Hi,
  Still playing with tooltips in the SVG Browser.  We are generating very
"thin" lines, in attempt to make them one pixel thick on the display.  In
the attached example, not only does the top line look somewhat "clipped"
but the apparent width is greater than the width that triggers the tool
tip.  It has a width of 0.00001.  The pink one, on the other hand, has a
width of 0.001 and is much more friendly.

  I'm going to use % widths as a better solution to getting thin lines when
the viewport is small. The above is probably still a bug.  I wonder if
there should be a way to get a line a fixed pixel size independent of zoom.
Then, bitmapped icons would be nice too.  ;)

Gavin Walker
Canberra, Australia