From David Schweinsberg <da...@steadystate.co.uk>
Subject Re: TTF NullPointerException
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:01:01 GMT
Hi Brent

If you could tell me how to get hold of the techno font, I'll attempt to
reproduce the problem.  It would appear to be a problem with a composite
glyph, perhaps referencing a bad simple glyph, but I will need to debug
with the problem font.

Regards,

David Schweinsberg

----- Original Message -----
From: Brent L  <mailto:brent@bjohnson.net> Johnson
To: Batik Users <mailto:batik-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 6:35 PM
Subject: TTF NullPointerException

I've got a truetype font I'm trying to convert using the ttf2svg
converter and I get the following error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.batik.svggen.font.table.GlyfCompositeDescript.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.batik.svggen.font.table.GlyfTable.init(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.batik.svggen.font.Font.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.svggen.font.Font.create(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.svggen.font.SVGFont.main(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.ttf2svg.Main.main(Unknown Source)
null
usage: java org.apache.batik.svggen.font.SVGFont <ttf-path> [-l
<range-begin>] [-h <range-end>] [-ascii] [-id <id>] [-o <output-path>]
[-testcard]

I'm using the following command to convert it (and I copied one of the
wingding ttf fonts and converted it and it worked just fine) - it's just
like the example in the docs:

java -jar batik-ttf2svg.jar techno.ttf -l 48 -h 57 -id MySVGFont -o
mySVGFont.svg -testcard

Doesn't work for the techno font, but does for webdings.  Any idea why
one ttf would cause a NPE and the other wouldnt?

Thanks,

- Brent