From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject SVG resizing/scaling
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 02:10:05 GMT
Hello!

Guys, another task for Batik Gurus.

We have an SVG image which is planned to converted
to gif, png, and wbmp for mobile devices.

Since all these mobile devices have different screen
sizes the image 95x10 px would look good on DoCoMo
mobile phone, but would not look good on iPAQ PDA (too
small).

It would be good to resize/rescale the SVG image before
generating gif,png,wbmp files for specific screen size.

Does anyone know smart and easy solution?

What I suggest is to have an XML devices profile with
screen sizes and a single SVG file.

Then, we merge manually somehow XML devices profile
and SVG file and generate gif,png,wbmp images for
EVERY screen size mentioned in XML devices profile.

This is what I call "precompillation", due to which
you will not need to generate images on the fly when
visitor visit your web-site.

When you change SVG file, you do recompilation.
The result is "Single source - multiple targets"

Any ideas?

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov