From Nicolas <n...@altiva.fr>
Subject Clipping an SVG file / guessing elements bounding boxes
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:27:46 GMT
Greetings,

I'm quite new to SVG, have been playing around with Batik libs. I need
to clip an SVG document, at the SVG level, i.e. remove elements not
crossing a given view point, and remove them from the SVG. For that
matter, I would need to be able to compute the bounding box of elements.
>From the way SVG works, this can't be computed directly, since elements
can be transformed, etc.

Anyone got an idea how to proceed? Could I use the rendering engine to
make the calculation, then copy back the bounding box to the DOM?