From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Using SVG and supporting Unix/Linux browsers (Netscape/Mozilla)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:00:40 GMT
Charlie,

I think there are a couple things you can do:

a. You could write an applet. This is not very recommended with Batik as
   the size of the code is pretty large.

b. You could use JavaWebStart. For example, see:
   http://xml.apache.org/batik/batikDemo.html
   JavaWebStart is support for Win, Linux, MacOS X and Solaris
   I have not found a description of all the supported browsers
   (I know Netscape 4.x that I use is supported as well as IE, but
   I am not sure about Mozilla).

c. You could write a pluggin based on BlackWood for Mozilla:
   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/blackwood/java-plugins/
   There have been proofs of concept in the past but there is not
   active work going on in that space that I know of. This would
   let you write a pluging for SVG in Mozilla, using Batik.

Cheers,
Vincent