From "Philip Arad" <philip_a...@hotmail.com>
Subject Gamma correction in IE5.5
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:05:34 GMT
Gamma correction with IE5.5

Batik is using a Gamma correction of 2.2.
When I render an image to PNG with this correction, I receive
the right color (if you open the image with Photoshop, for
example), but when displaying the image in IE5.5, the image
has darker colors. After a while, I understood that IE5.5
is using another Gamma correction. After some experiments I found out
that it is approximately : 1.942F.

I couldnt found a way to set the gamma when I made a new
PNGTranscoder, so I had to replace it manualy in the program.
Only in this way I could make the right correction:

// We are using sRGB (gamma 2.2).
//params.setSRGBIntent(PNGEncodeParam.INTENT_PERCEPTUAL);
params.setGamma(1.0F/1.942F);
(This a part of PNGTranscoder.java)

Any suggestions?

Philip