From "Tangent" <tang...@usa.net>
Subject RE: Using GIF, JPEG, and SVG images interchangeably
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:26:32 GMT
Todd,

It will be nice to use different formats for icons on a button just like
images on the web.  In most cases, for a small icon that is 64 by 64 or
smaller, GIF should do most of its trick.  If you want to shoot
something higher with descent transparency, I will suggest PNG.  I might
stay away using SVG as that may take up some unnecessary rasterization
for drawing such element on the screen.  Putting all icons in a similar
format could help maintain the system stability and maintainability.
Just my 2 cents.

- Tangent