From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Re: How to modify the GraphicsNode of GVT in apache batik?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:25:35 GMT

>>> Are you using the bridge module for that?

MA> I am not extend the svg tag so I am not entend the bridge module.

TD>         But it sounds like you are using the existing bridge to
TD> build your GVT GraphicsNodes.  Correct?

>>> I need more details on what your filter looks like to answer that
>>> question.

MA> I have not a good idea about how to a graphics-node look like
MA> being selected.  So, I change the fill color by
MA> feSpecularLighting.  As the lower source, I create a filter and
MA> add the SpecularLightingRable8Bit object.

    The following is a fairly expensive filter but it puts a very nice
blue halo around any object (even objects that have semi-transparent
parts).

      <!-- Gives a nice blue halo around any object... -->
      <filter id="highlight" filterRes="200">
       <!-- Create an object mask -->

       <feComponentTransfer result="mask" in="SourceGraphic">
          <feFuncA type="linear" slope="10"/>
       </feComponentTransfer>
       <!-- Soften the mask edges a bit -->
       <feGaussianBlur stdDeviation="3" result="mask"/>

       <!-- Create a blue halo around mask -->
       <feGaussianBlur in="mask" stdDeviation="5"/>
       <!-- this colors the halo -->
       <feComponentTransfer result="highlight">
          <feFuncR type="linear" slope="0" intercept="0"/>
          <feFuncG type="linear" slope="0" intercept="0"/>
          <feFuncB type="linear" slope="-1" intercept="4"/>
          <feFuncA type="linear" slope="1.5" intercept="0"/>
       </feComponentTransfer>

       <!-- Put the parts togeather -->
       <feComposite in="highlight" in2="mask"
                    operator="out" result="surround"/>
       <feComposite in="SourceGraphic" in2="surround" />
     </filter>