From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: Benchmark Test
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:29:35 GMT

>> I am going to run some extremely high-resolution rasterization test
>> using Batik.  I would like to test it against couple SVG files that
>> has various complexity.  Any suggestions?

TK> There are some documents in the samples directory such the maps
TK> that seem a good candidate for that. I also think your benchmark
TK> can separate documents with or without filters or other
TK> 'expensive' effects.

    I would also point out that the way things get rendered internally
is much more flexable than the way the current rasterizer does things
(get the whole image as a BufferedImage).  If I were interested in
doing very high resolution rasterization I would grab the root GVT
elements RenderableImage representation (getGraphicsNodeRable) then
create a RenderedImage from that (createRendering).  Then I would use
the tile interface on that object to stream the image to a file.