From "Danh Hoai" <h...@indent.org>
Subject problem of using method setURI of JSVGCanvas
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 13:24:34 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to use the method setURI from JSVGCanvas, but I can not get it
to work.  Please look at source code below and point out what I am doing
wrong.
It seems to be a thread problem.  For instance, if I move the
add(m_JSVGCanvas) and showFrame outside the
addSVGLoadEventDispatcherListener, the svg file is rendered.
However, the SVGDocument is null when I try to access it from
JSVGCanvas.getSVGDocument.

Thank you for your help.

Danh Hoai

 public EndApplication(){
            super("SVG Testing");
 try
 {

            m_JSVGCanvas = new JSVGCanvas();
            String fileName = "F:\\svg_collab\\html\\svg\\test.svg";
            getSVGFile(fileName); /* get svg file */

            m_JSVGCanvas.addSVGLoadEventDispatcherListener
            (new SVGLoadEventDispatcherAdapter() {
                    public void svgLoadEventDispatchStarted
                        (SVGLoadEventDispatcherEvent e) {
                        // At this time the document is available...
                        //getApplicationFrame() returns a JFrame

getApplicationFrame().frame.getContentPane().add(m_JSVGCanvas);
                        getApplicationFrame().showFrame(); //get current
JFrame and then use method show()
                    }

            }

            );

}
}

        public SVGDocument getSVGFile(String fileName)
        {
            SVGOMDocument svgDoc = null;

            m_JSVGCanvas.setDocumentState(new
JSVGComponent().ALWAYS_DYNAMIC);
            File file = new File(fileName);

            try
            {
                m_JSVGCanvas.setURI(file.toURL().toString());

            }
            catch (IOException ex)
            {
                 System.out.println("error: ");